At the Law Offices of Peter W. Summerill, our attorneys know that defective products of all types injure consumers in Salt Lake City, Ogden and across Utah each year and can result in catastrophic injuries to you or your loved ones. Contact us today to discuss your legal options with an attorney who knows how to hold these companies responsible for their actions. You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
It’s natural to feel shocked, confused and even angry when a company rushes a product to store shelves before ensuring its safety. However, sometimes companies choose to cut corners to generate profits, releasing products to the market with manufacturing defects, design defects, and insufficient warning labels. When this is the case, any product – from a toaster oven that causes an electrocution injury to a children’s toy that presents a choking hazard – could become hazardous or even lethal to its user.
Examples of defective products include:
- Toys manufactured with toxic ingredients or unadvertised choking hazards.
- Laptops, toasters, and other electronic devices that increase risk of electrocution injury.
- Portable heaters or stoves that cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
- New furniture that “gasses off” fumes, leading to headache, dizziness and nausea.
- Cars manufactured with malfunctioning safety equipment such as seatbelts or brakes.
- Food that’s released to grocery store shelves with harmful ingredients.